Wednesday 6 February 2013

Mint and Tulsi Tea


This is a no tea tea! Confused are you? Its more of a "Kadha"....decoction in hindi.
I love this drink ..its warm and full of flavour .....leaves you with the same pick me up effect as regular tea ...only that its healthier and good for you....

Holy Basil (Tulsi) is known widely as a miracle worker with several health giving benefits so is mint ...and you add to that the goodness and warmth of spices like cinnamon , cloves and peppercorn and you have a winner!

Great to sooth evening hunger pangs :))






Recipe 

In a pan boil water with lemon grass stalks , mint leaves and some Holy Basil (Tulsi)

Add whole pepper corns (1-2 per cup) , cinnamon , black cardamom , cloves (2-3 per cup) and let it all boil away till the water is reduced to half.

It will turn a lovely amber color, sweeten with honey or drink as is!

To Good Health!!!!


4 comments:

  1. Am so excited to see your new blog!!! congratulations, I am going to be the most loyal follower :) i can't find the follow or subscribe option, do let me know when it's up, it will be such a pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog post. Thanks for sharing your information.
    Indian tea

    ReplyDelete
  3. An outstanding share! I've just started homework on it, with regular use of Best Weight Loss Tea, and i had lost my weight at some extent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow is just the simple word that may explain that how much I liked it. It was nicely stuffed with the material I was looking for. It’s great to be here though by chance.
    Tulsi tea canada

    ReplyDelete